Fiona Costello and associate colleague Mark Thompson have joined forces to offer a full time Chartered Physiotherapy service within Fairies Cross Medical Centre. Fiona established the practice in 2006 having worked in the HSE and private practice in New Zealand. She has with a strong academic background in physiotherapy, graduating top of her year with First Class Honors. Years of working experience combined with multiple CPD courses over the years enabled the growth of a very busy Practice. Fiona is also an APPI Pilates instructor and a hydrotherapist & runs weekly Pilates Classes and Aquajogging classes in Tralee Sports Complex. Due to busy family life and 4 young children, Fiona works clinically on Wednesdays & Thursdays.
Mark Thompson provides the physiotherapy service on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Mark moved to Ireland with his Wife (originally from Tralee) and young son in 2017. He has a BSc in Sports conditioning and coaching and a Masters degree in Physiotherapy. He offers a wealth of experience with over 10 years of working in private practices in London, Surrey and Edinburgh and has also worked in Sport throughout his career, most recently with international and professional players at Scottish Rugby Union within the Edinburgh regional academy and Club International team. Mark also works with local GAA teams and is an APPI trained Pilates instructor running weekly classes at the Fairies Cross practice.
Katie Costello, an experienced HSE Chartered Physiotherapist is also an APPI trained Pilates instructor and offers further evening classes where there is demand.
- Musculoskeletal Skeletal Injury Management /li>
- Pre and post orthopedic surgery management
- RTA injury management
- Medicolegal reports
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Dry Needling (Fiona)
- Orthotic assessment & prescription
- Gait re-education
- Pilates one to one sessions
- Pilates Classes (small groups)
- Chest physiotherapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Home visit mobility rehabilitation can be arranged
- Aquajogging Classes
- Aquajogging one to one tuition
- €55 per session (40 mins)
- €120 for 8 week set of Pilates Classes
- €55 for one to one Pilates
- €60-€70 per home visit ( dependent on travel time)
- €100 per 8 week Aquajogging course